Les orgues de Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt           ACCUEIL       A-Z           

Gutschenritter - Masset

Église Saint Dominique (1905) Parisian organs built by Gutschenritter/Masset Saint-Dominique (1905) Saint-Antoine des Quinze-vingts Choir organ (1909) Eglise luthérienne de la Villette (1930) Saint-Louis-en-l'Ile Orgue de chœur (1965)
Joseph   Gutschenritter   (1854-1913)   ,   who   learned   his   skills   at   the Cavaillé-Coll    workshop,    can    be    seen    as    the    successor    of    Joseph Merklin.   The   latter   left   his   company   Merklin   &   Cie   in   1894   due   to   a dispute   with   his   partner   and   son-in-law   Charles   Félix   Michel.   He created     a     new     company     with     his     former     foremen     Joseph Gutschenritter    et    Philippe    Decock:    J.    Merklin    &    Cie.    After    his retirement   in   1898,   his   successors   kept   using   this   name   for   their firm.    After    the    death    of    Joseph    Merklin    in    1905,    the    company continued   under   the   directorship   of   Joseph   Gutschenritter   and   he changed   the   name   to   include   his   own.   Later,   he   associated   himself with   Robert   Masset,    creating   the   Maison   Gutschenritter-Masset. Joseph,    his    son    Gaston    (1884-1949)    and    Robert    Masset    (*1910) were   active   in   the   Parisian   region   for   almost   a   century,   both   in construction and restoration, until 1986.
Les orgues de Paris

Gutschenritter -

Masset

Église Saint Dominique (1905) Parisian organs built by Gutschenritter/Masset Saint-Dominique (1905) Saint-Antoine des Quinze-vingts Choir organ (1909) Eglise luthérienne de la Villette (1930) Saint-Louis-en-l'Ile Orgue de chœur (1965)
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     COLOPHON
Joseph   Gutschenritter   (1854-1913)   ,   who   learned   his   skills   at   the Cavaillé-Coll    workshop,    can    be    seen    as    the    successor    of    Joseph Merklin.   The   latter   left   his   company   Merklin   &   Cie   in   1894   due   to   a dispute   with   his   partner   and   son-in-law   Charles   Félix   Michel.   He created     a     new     company     with     his     former     foremen     Joseph Gutschenritter    et    Philippe    Decock:    J.    Merklin    &    Cie.    After    his retirement   in   1898,   his   successors   kept   using   this   name   for   their firm.    After    the    death    of    Joseph    Merklin    in    1905,    the    company continued   under   the   directorship   of   Joseph   Gutschenritter   and   he changed   the   name   to   include   his   own.   Later,   he   associated   himself with   Robert   Masset,    creating   the   Maison   Gutschenritter-Masset. Joseph,    his    son    Gaston    (1884-1949)    and    Robert    Masset    (*1910) were   active   in   the   Parisian   region   for   almost   a   century,   both   in construction and restoration, until 1986.