Les orgues de Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt           ACCUEIL       A-Z           

Muhleisen

Ernest    Muhleisen    (1897-1981)    started    his    company    in    1941.    He learned     his     skills     at     the     firm     of     Weigle,     Schwenkedel     and Roethinger.    In    1942,    Ernest    Muhleisen    hired    his    wife’s    brother, Alfred   Kern;   and   in   1948,   his   son-in-law,   Georges   E.   Walther,   joined him.    Afred    Kern    worked    in    collaboration    with    them    until    1955. During that time a number of Silbermann organs were restored. In   the   1960’s   the   firm   experienced   a   strong   development   under   the direction   of   Georges   E.   Walther,   who   created   and   constructed   a number   of   mechanical   organs   of   a   modern   design.   From   1970   on, André   Schaerer   began   taking   over,   progressively,   the   Muhleisen's voicing,   after   having   been   learning   and   working   in   the   workshops Gonzales   and   Beckerath.   In   the   1980’s   André   Schaerer   (*1942)   (as collaborator   and,   later,   associate)   oriented   the   workshop   towards the   traditional   French   style   under   the   direction   of   Georges   Walther jr.  (*1954), who had worked at the Marcussen firm in Denmark. Patrick   Armand   (*1964),   who   worked   in   the   firm   since   1984,      first   as journeyman,    later    as    technical    director,    overtook    the    general management    of    the    workshop    in    2008.    The    workshop    is    now settled in Strasbourg-Eschau.
Parisian organs built by Muhleisen Eglise luthérienne des Billettes, grand orgue (1983)
Les orgues de Paris

Muhleisen

Parisian organs built by Muhleisen Eglise luthérienne des Billettes, grand orgue (1983)
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     ACCUEIL      A-Z
Ernest    Muhleisen    (1897-1981)    started    his    company    in    1941.    He learned     his     skills     at     the     firm     of     Weigle,     Schwenkedel     and Roethinger.    In    1942,    Ernest    Muhleisen    hired    his    wife’s    brother, Alfred   Kern;   and   in   1948,   his   son-in-law,   Georges   E.   Walther,   joined him.    Afred    Kern    worked    in    collaboration    with    them    until    1955. During that time a number of Silbermann organs were restored. In   the   1960’s   the   firm   experienced   a   strong   development   under   the direction   of   Georges   E.   Walther,   who   created   and   constructed   a number   of   mechanical   organs   of   a   modern   design.   From   1970   on, André   Schaerer   began   taking   over,   progressively,   the   Muhleisen's voicing,   after   having   been   learning   and   working   in   the   workshops Gonzales   and   Beckerath.   In   the   1980’s   André   Schaerer   (*1942)   (as collaborator   and,   later,   associate)   oriented   the   workshop   towards the   traditional   French   style   under   the   direction   of   Georges   Walther jr.  (*1954), who had worked at the Marcussen firm in Denmark. Patrick   Armand   (*1964),   who   worked   in   the   firm   since   1984,      first   as journeyman,    later    as    technical    director,    overtook    the    general management    of    the    workshop    in    2008.    The    workshop    is    now settled in Strasbourg-Eschau.