Les orgues de Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt           ACCUEIL       A-Z           

Mutin-Convers-Pleyel

After   several   years   of   serious   financial   difficulties,   Aristide   Cavaillé- Coll   sold   his   company   in   1898   to   Charles   Mutin,   a   pupil   and   former worker. Charles     Mutin     (1861-1931)     entered the      Cavaillé-Coll      company      as      an apprentice   at   the   age   of   14,   entrusted to   Joseph   Koening,   one   of   the   voicers of    the    company.    23    years    later,    he became    the    head    of    this    renowned company.   He   continued   the   tradition   of his   former   employer   and   built   approx. 300 organs until his retirement in 1923. in    1924,    Auguste    Convers     (1884-1976)    took    over    the    company: Manufacture   d’orgues   Cavaillé-Coll,   Mutin,   A.   Convers   et   Cie .   This   was the   start   of   a   rapid   decline   of   the   quantity   and   in   particular   the quality   of   the   instruments   delivered,   leading   to   a   bankruptcy   in 1928. The    company    was    then    converted    into    a    joint-stock    company Société    anonyme    française    de    facture    d’orgues    Cavaillé-Coll ,    while Convers started a new company on his own in 1929. In   1931,   a   new   conversion   was   done   into   a   Société   fermière   des Etablissements   Cavaillé-Coll    with   Joseph   Beuchet   (1904-1970)   as   one of the directors. In 1934, the Pleyel firm took over and Joseph Beuchet resigned. In   1936,   the   Société   Anonyme   Cavaillé-Coll   gave   Pleyel   an   exclusive licence   to   the   exploitation   and   sales,   resulting   in   a   new   company Pleyel-Cavaillé-Coll .   This   construction   was   not   successful   too   and   the World War II formed its Waterloo.
Les orgues de Paris

Mutin-Convers-

Pleyel

ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     ACCUEIL      A-Z
After   several   years   of   serious   financial   difficulties,   Aristide   Cavaillé- Coll   sold   his   company   in   1898   to   Charles   Mutin,   a   pupil   and   former worker. Charles   Mutin   (1861-1931)   entered   the   Cavaillé-Coll   company   as an   apprentice   at   the   age   of   14,   entrusted   to   Joseph   Koening,   one   of the   voicers   of   the   company.   23   years   later,   he   became   the   head   of this   renowned   company.   He   continued   the   tradition   of   his   former employer and built approx. 300 organs until his retirement in 1923. in    1924,    Auguste    Convers     (1884-1976)    took    over    the    company: Manufacture   d’orgues   Cavaillé-Coll,   Mutin,   A.   Convers   et   Cie .   This   was the   start   of   a   rapid   decline   of   the   quantity   and   in   particular   the quality   of   the   instruments   delivered,   leading   to   a   bankruptcy   in 1928. The    company    was    then    converted    into    a    joint-stock    company Société    anonyme    française    de    facture    d’orgues    Cavaillé-Coll ,    while Convers started a new company on his own in 1929. In   1931,   a   new   conversion   was   done   into   a   Société   fermière   des Etablissements   Cavaillé-Coll    with   Joseph   Beuchet   (1904-1970)   as   one of the directors. In 1934, the Pleyel firm took over and Joseph Beuchet resigned. In   1936,   the   Société   Anonyme   Cavaillé-Coll   gave   Pleyel   an   exclusive licence   to   the   exploitation   and   sales,   resulting   in   a   new   company Pleyel-Cavaillé-Coll .   This   construction   was   not   successful   too   and   the World War II formed its Waterloo.