Les orgues de Paris
ORGUES DE PARIS © 2018 Vincent Hildebrandt           ACCUEIL       A-Z           

Rieger

Philharmonie (2016)

Parisian organs built by Rieger

Eglise évangélique Baptiste  Montparnasse (1907) Saint-Michel-des-Batignolles (1923) CNSMS (1990) Philharmonie (2016)
Rieger   Orgelbau   is   an   Austrian   firm   of   organ   builders,   founded   by Franz   Rieger   (1812-1886).   His   sons   Otto   (1847-1903)   and   Gustav (1848-1905)    and    his    grandson    Otto    (1880-1920)    followed    their (grand)father.   After   Otto’s   death   in   10920,   his   school   friend   Josef von   Glatter-Götz   took   over   the   firm   and   started   a   new   dynasty   with his   sons   Egon   (1911-1940)   and   Josef   (1914-May   1989).   At   the   end   of World   War   II,   the   firm   was   nationalised   by   the   Czech   government and    merged    with    another    workshop    as    Rieger-Kloss.    Josef    von Glatter-Götz   father   and   son   and   workers   of   the   original   firm   moved to    Austria    and    founded    a    new    workshop    in    1946    as    "Rieger Orgelbau".    Josef    Glatter-Götz,    Jr.'s    three    sons    Caspar    (*1945), Raimund    (*1948)    and    Christoph    (*1951)    followed    him    into    the family   business.   The   later   was   managing   director   from   1977   until his   retirement   in   2003.   President   and   owner   of   Rieger-Orgelbau GmbH    since    2003    is    Wendelin    Eberle,    who    entered    the    firm    as apprentice   in   1978.   This   firm   does   not   aim   to   copy   any   specific style,   but   rather   tries   to   create   a   new   tradition   which   allows   the interpretation of the full range of organ repertoire.
Les orgues de Paris

Rieger

Philharmonie (2016)

Parisian organs built by Rieger

Eglise évangélique Baptiste  Montparnasse (1907) Saint-Michel-des-Batignolles (1923) CNSMS (1990) Philharmonie (2016)
ORGUES DE PARIS 2.0 © Vincent Hildebrandt     ACCUEIL      A-Z
Rieger   Orgelbau   is   an   Austrian   firm   of   organ   builders,   founded   by Franz   Rieger   (1812-1886).   His   sons   Otto   (1847-1903)   and   Gustav (1848-1905)    and    his    grandson    Otto    (1880-1920)    followed    their (grand)father.   After   Otto’s   death   in   10920,   his   school   friend   Josef von   Glatter-Götz   took   over   the   firm   and   started   a   new   dynasty   with his   sons   Egon   (1911-1940)   and   Josef   (1914-May   1989).   At   the   end   of World   War   II,   the   firm   was   nationalised   by   the   Czech   government and    merged    with    another    workshop    as    Rieger-Kloss.    Josef    von Glatter-Götz   father   and   son   and   workers   of   the   original   firm   moved to    Austria    and    founded    a    new    workshop    in    1946    as    "Rieger Orgelbau".    Josef    Glatter-Götz,    Jr.'s    three    sons    Caspar    (*1945), Raimund    (*1948)    and    Christoph    (*1951)    followed    him    into    the family   business.   The   later   was   managing   director   from   1977   until his   retirement   in   2003.   President   and   owner   of   Rieger-Orgelbau GmbH    since    2003    is    Wendelin    Eberle,    who    entered    the    firm    as apprentice   in   1978.   This   firm   does   not   aim   to   copy   any   specific style,   but   rather   tries   to   create   a   new   tradition   which   allows   the interpretation of the full range of organ repertoire.